Tuesday 6 December 2011

Am I a photographer yet?

I've finished off another photo class, this time I took one on architectural photography. (The last course I took was Photography 101). This class was pretty interesting and I took it for the reason that it's something I wouldn't likely be learning on my own or by my assisting Ewout for Open Photography.

Oh, did I not mention that I'm an assistant? It's been awesome!! Weddings, schools, portraits, the odd product shot... I get to learn a lot through Ewout, but nothing really architectural-y. Which brings us back to this class.

I don't know if I'm going to take another class just yet, but it's been pretty interesting so far. The first class was pretty general (not a whole lot I didn't particularly know already, to be honest), but the teacher was great at clarifying things I hadn't quite got a complete grasp on.

This Friday I'll be shooting another wedding with Ewout, and I'm pretty pumped. I hope to share a few photos soon from some of the other shoots I've been on, but until then, I'll have to bore you with some pictures of some of my past assignments.
This is at Hamilton City Hall, for my first assignment in architectural. I used to think it was quite an ugly building, and I haven't completely changed my mind. But it does have some neat features! Like reflecty glass!
For the second assignment, we went to Christ's Church Cathedral on James St N (If you've gone to any of the Art Crawls, you've possibly gone into this church). I had to pick just two photos, and this was one!

This was the other photo I picked. I thought it was kinda fun! One set of organ pipes on one side with the stained glass and another of the same reflected in the curved mirror. Plus one tiny speaker that I assume no one can hear while the organist is pumping out the tunes...
Speaking of organ pipes... This is actually from a Roots conference of the past. I had managed to sneak up top behind the organ and got a cool shot of the Root-ers!

1 comment: