Thursday 27 March 2008

Something that tickled my fancy.

Something I read the other day made me grin.

Apparently, scientists cannot prove that love exists.

This is interesting because we know love exists - whether someone in a lab coat can prove it or not.
And I thought of how so many people rely on what scientists say to be truth.
Scientists say God doesn't exist and therefore believe He doesn't.

Then I thought of 1 John 4:
God is love.

I may not be a math scholar, but it really add up... if God can't be proven to exist by scientists (who have the final say on everything for some reason) and people believe this because science says so, shouldn't the same be for love? If love can't be proven:
Shouldn't we all believe love doesn't exist?
Shouldn't everyone who's married just give up on their spouses, (since they were all just pretending anyway)?
Shouldn't textbooks be rewritten saying love is an old-fashioned concept that only radicalists believe in?
Shouldn't there be an issue of TIME magazine with the heading: "Love is dead"?

I also wondered: who's paying these guys? Who funded a group of well-educated people to prove or disprove something like love?
I picture some rich, lonely old miser on his deathbed needing validation his life wasn't wasted. Probably the same guy who paid a different group to disprove God's existence.
He's probably laying there with a smirk, thinking "You told me to pursue God. I proved He doesn't exist! You told me to go after love, I proved that doesn't exist either!! My money proved all of you wrong! I LOVE being right!!!" Then he'll probably have a heart attack from the irony.

Maybe scientists should stop trying to disprove the existence of God/love and focus on trying to, I don't know...
stop AIDS.

1 comment: