Thursday 28 August 2008

No promises

but I promise to keep this blog updated.

First off, some pictures of when I stopped off in England on my way home. (Ireland, Holland, Ottawa, Montreal, Radiohead concert and two weeks of Campfire are still to come...)

I will post any updates of me going back to Nigeria. Nothing to post about that yet. Don't know a whole lot about it, just that it probably wouldn't be until January.

I'm kinda torn on it, really. Before I went to Nigeria I had the mind-set that someone who did "God's work" was a theologian or a minister or a missionary or something really along those lines. Now, coming back, I've kinda been humbled into the realization that in working a regular job, I could be doing EXACTLY what it is God has planned for me. Which is tough.


Trying to figure out what God wants me to do,

and what I THINK God wants me to do...

is really, really hard.

1 comment:

  1. I've gotten to the point where I call myself a missionary here. There are two reasons. One, I do have a relatively normal and not "missionary" job, in that I'm not here starting a church or rocking babies or doing VBS, but I think God has called me to his mission wherever I am, regular job or no. It's just a different way of expressing what you say. Two, it took me a long time to use the word "missionary" because of stereotypes I had, though. Then I realized that it's just the best way to explain to Romanians why I'm here. Usually, if I try to simply describe my job, Romanians will interupt and ask, "Oh, so you're a missionary?" "...um, yeah, basically..."

    ReplyDelete