Thursday 17 January 2008

Quick update

Hello all! I would like to report that I am in Nigeria safe and sound! I'll post again later about all my travels in London and my journey through Nigeria. Hard to sum the whole thing off the top of my head! I'm still in the capital, Abuja, and will be heading out to Jos later - not today (it's almost 9pm here now, 6 hours ahead of you folks). But I know you're all curious as to what I've been up to, so I will give you a real quick summary of London.

As follows: 
  • Flying
  • Sleeping
  • More flying
  • Eating while flying
  • Movie while flying (no Into the Wild thought Jamie, although I did meet a couple on the plane who had heard a lot about the guy while they were in Alaska)
  • Trying to sleep while flying
  • More flying
  • Eating while flying (again)
  • Landing
  • Subway
  • Bus tour
  • Madame Tussauds
  • Amusing myself by asking people to take pictures of me with wax figures and seeing their looks off terror when I hand them a big 'complicated' camera
  • More bus tour
  • Meet a fellow Canadian
  • Boating down the Themes
  • St Paul's
  • Fleet Street (and there's a barber on it!)
  • Lost
  • Lost
  • Find directions
  • Get more lost
  • See bus
  • Chase bus
  • Lose bus
  • Find cab
  • Take cab
  • Take subway
  • Kill three extra hours at Heathrow
  • MORE flying
  • Flying...

this concludes my summary of London, tune in next time for my summary of my first day(s) of Nigeria!! I'm excited for it!

2 comments:

  1. HAHA I love this.
    Hope you enjoyed London, Trevor! Isn't St Paul's amazing?!?! Did you climb up to the Whispering Gallery? SO cool. (but a workout...)
    Glad to hear you're having fun, even getting lost...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! sounds like your having an adventure already!! tx for letting us know you arrived safe and sound!! sher,anj and fam

    ReplyDelete