Sunday 20 January 2008

So I had a huge, long update for everyone...

...but I didn't want to bore you. Just kidding! I love boring you.



I do have a huge, long update, but I can't connect to the internet with my laptop, so I'm using Chinyere's. And since I can't get to my file with the huge, long update, I've got to give you a tiny, short one until I can. Here goes:



I'm okay.









Too short? FINE.



I'm being moved all over the place until other places are ready, so I'm not able to send out emails or blog regularly. Be patient! sheesh.



I've had quite the adventure, and I've only been here a few days. From blowing a tire about a block from the compound and having to change it before it gets dark (quite the feat as tires have a safety nut on them and require a special part. One wish couldn't be found... until John had gone back to the compound. Then I found and got the tire changed by the time he came back with another car.)



Driving in itself is an adventure. It's pretty much a free-for-all. Got to do some driving myself (John has lent me one of his cars for me to use if I need it) and it can be quite nerve-wracking.



I'll fill you all in on more details soon, until then, take care!

From Africa with love.



PS, Stef: You will find my previous posts chock-full of useful information! (you just need to sift through all the useless information...)



PPS, Justine: I didn't even have time to go in St. Paul's. I know, I know, huge shame. But that whole getting lost part took a big chunk of time out of my schedule... and I didn't know how long it would take to get to the other side of London to catch my flight. (I basically saw it to say I've seen it).

2 comments:

  1. hey trev,

    so this is the first time i actaully looked at this page, yah i am horrible, but what do you expect from me? i stink!

    i see you take paramore and make it your title, good job, good job, i applaude you for that! you rock! LOL... you stink!

    so you have had many adventures since getting there, my favourite is the seeing bus, chasing bus, that would be an awesome adventure.

    so i don't have internet yet, don't know if i will. so i wont be able to comment or read much, but i want to be able to at least once a week, and i will comment you, just to keep up with your adventures, mishaps, and of course i think we all want some tear-jerking stories!

    so anyway, things have been fine here on my end, so talkta you soon, hopefully you can do e-mails soon, or e-mail my phone, or something!?!? maybe? robit...

    see yah,

    Jon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, Trev, I am gladly looking forward to reading your huge, long update, if it's as good as this tiny, short update is.
    That's too bad you didn't get to go inside St Paul's. But Another Day, maybe. You DO get to live in Nigeria for a bit, so that's ok too I guess.

    ReplyDelete