Thursday 14 February 2008

To hear His voice.

Last night, I was laying in bed and something popped in my head. What does the Bible mean when it speaks of a 'reward in heaven'? I've always considered Heaven as being the reward. But several passages (Matthew 5:12; 6:1; Luke 6:23) speak of a reward IN Heaven. What would it be?

Then I started thinking about God's voice. Have you ever had someone you love and respect tell you 'good work'? You have done something that he or she approves of. I could be something they told you to do (which, God does). But to hear that appreciation, it feels good. Makes you happy. Imagine God telling you 'good work, you made me happy'.

God.

God telling you that.

God spoke and things popped into existence. His voice created stars. Giant balls of gas burning billions of miles away blinked on. Because He said so. That's a powerful voice. I don't think I can come up with a better reward.

So I slept pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. I love this sentence: 'Giant balls of gas burning billions of miles away blinked on.'

    I think sleep is a pretty cool reward too. And heaven will be so rewarding, we won't even need it! Must be really good!

    ReplyDelete