Sunday 25 October 2009

Lagos

I found out today at a goodbye dinner that I will be gone most/all of next week. I'll be flying to Lagos tomorrow sometime where I'll be doing some work with the promoters and teaching some computer data entry as well. So by the end of the month I'll have two trips I need to update everyone on! Keeps adding up...

Lagos is the second largest city in Africa (almost 8 million people) and has a reputation of being a not-so-safe city, so I'm a little nervous about that. I'm not sure what I'll be up to or how things will be like (besides hot) so I'm praying for a safe and enjoyable week there, as well as the flights in and out. On my way out I'll be on my own as Alice (my coworker) will be travelling on to Port Harcourt. Hopefully I can manage to make my way back to Jos on my own.

Nothing else new to report, besides an embarrassing locking-in-of-keys with my car in town the other day. I'll spare the details, but let you know that the chocolate I so looked forward to eating (chocolate is rare and expensive here) became quite gooey by the time I finally managed to get back into the car.

2 comments: